US Taxation (1099)

apsaps Member Posts: 63
Dear All,
We have a client having its office at US and India.
1099 is samething which is applicable to US Corporates (i dont have much idea about 1099).
Do we requir US and Indian Localization bot to handel transaction?
(there will be two different companies in the database)

Please let me know what are the possibilitis to handel companies in different countries in a singel Database.....what are the complexities faced.

regards,
Aman

Comments

• apsaps Member Posts: 63
    Dear All,
    Please share atleast same information relating to 1099 as per US Taxation.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The 1099 is used to report the earnings for employees/contractors for which you are not withholding payroll taxes. They are issued to employees/contractors earning more then $599.

If US based contractors do business with the India location you may need to print them from that company. Not sure here (check with tax accountant) but I believe they must report their foreign earnings.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • apsaps Member Posts: 63
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am designing the database for a software Company....they have a office at US and India.
    In US 1099 is applicable but not in INDIA...... similarly TDS is applicable in INDIA not in US......is there any issue relating to configuration if we upload both countries Localization updates...will it possible to do is again a question.........I have no Idea about US taxations

regards,
    Aman
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I wouldn't merge all the objects. Just the modification related to 1066. It' only a couple of objects.
    Also find out what the taxation requirements are, some companies can use W1 version and can get away with the w1 sales tax feature so you don't have to merge anything on that.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n