Have any ideas about fail-control for multi-jobs in NAS?

gisongison Member Posts: 128
Dear all,

There is a customization requirement I've got.
I need to create a job-table which user can input any jobs they want to run it by schedule, then I use Navision Application Server to drive all the jobs,
also depend on the some columns column on the job-table.

It's seem to no big problem, but the most challenged part is....
if certain job failed, how can I handle it? Also, make sure other jobs can execute normally.
:?

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• gisongison Member Posts: 128
    Another problem is if one of the job error, then rollback other job's modification.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) If you will use NTimer automation to run the objects, you can use the OnError event to "catch" the error and save them somewhere.
    2) If everything is running in one big transaction without commit, if there is error, all will be rolled back. But you need to run it in a loop or something than and you need to know "when" you will end the transaction (where are the boundaries of the transaction)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    If you use the NTimer dll as suggested then a COMMIT is executed after each Timer event completes execution. If an error occurs during the execution of the Timer event the database activity is rolled back and the TimerError event runs. Another COMMIT is executed after completion of the TimerError event.