ERROR: unable to find commondialog

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
My customer has a report in which he is prompted to insert a filepath.
Clicking the assist button, a dialog should open and help the user to insert the filename.

This feature is implemented with the commondialogmgt codeuint, and the ocx is 'common dialog .... 6.0'.

the problem is that the user got an error when clicking the assistbtn (unable to find OCX etc. etc.). It happens only on one pc.

I tried to upload the codeunit another time without results; I also tried to unregister the component on my own pc and launch the report: I got no error, instead NAV prompt me to install the component.

Another thing: dataports work fine...(because of this, I supposed there were some problems with the codeunit, but as I said I uploaded my "working object" on customer's pc without results)

Can anyone help please?
Thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This OCX is part of Client installation. It is part of other applications too, if you want to install it manually, find the commdlg32.ocx file in SYSTEM32 folder and register it with "REGSVR32.EXE commdlg32.ocx" command.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998

RegSvr32
    LoadLibrary("commdlg32.ocx") failed - The specified module could not be found.

OK

Windows returned this on my pc...but my dialog is working well!
    As I launched this command 4 the first time, maybe I did something wrong...I went in the folder system32 and then clicked cmd icon.
    then I pasted what kine wrote and I got the message...
    Precisation: obviously I don't have got the commdlg32.ocx file, instead I've got comdlg32.dll and commdlg.dll
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    I found the file only in nav installation folder, so I copied it into system32 folder and I succesfully registered it...it's all right?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    you do not need to copy it, just registering it is enough (you can register it in any folder you want...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I've understood it...to late btw...I'm really not familiar with cmd :mrgreen:
    Thanks a lot!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog