License user limit not allowed

davesdaves Member Posts: 49
I have just installed an upgraded license on a customer's system, upgrading from 20 to 22 users. The new license shows the expected 23 users (22 normal + 1 NAS) in the database information display.

However, only 20 users are allowed to log onto the system before the message appears indicating no more user logins are allowed. This behavior, limiting the logins to 20 rather than 22, happens from all workstations, even when running a client on the server system. As you might expect, the customer is not very happy, having paid for two more users who can't log in.

We find no copy of the old 20 user fin.flf on the server system or on the client systems form which we have been testing. No doubt there are copies of the old 20 user license in some directories on the server or clients. But I've updated this system with new licenses several times in the past, a couple more users at a time, and have never had this problem before.

The system is running V2.6 objects in a V4.0 SP1 executable. It is using the C/SIDE database.

I've searched the varoius forums and haven't found this problem reported by another (though I might have missed something). I will appreciate suggestions as to what the cause of this problem might be.
Dave Studebaker
Co-Founder Liberty Grove Software
Author: Programming Microsoft Dynamics NAV (V5.0), 2009, 2013

Comments

• SNielsenSNielsen Member Posts: 37
    As i assume you have restarted the service, it is usually the SESSIONS parameter that is causing a limitation. Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder of server.exe, and type "server", it shows you the value in the Maximum Sessions. To "reset" it start it with: server sessions=0.

Note you might have to do a "server uninstallasservice" before and then the "server sessions=0,installasservice"

That should fix it.
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    You MUST restart the service to be able to use the 2 new sessions.

At startup the server.exe reads the licencefile and caches the maximum allowed no. of sessions.
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the granules in the license file. May be someone generated 2 NAS licenses instead 2 user license... this is another option you need to check... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.