Inventory Valuation, Zero Quantity with pos/neg value.

readymixreadymix Member Posts: 6
Hi,

I have a Navision 4.0 SP2 running in my company and we are trying to clean up the account for 2007 for auditing. Upon running the Inventory Valuation Report, we discover that for that for some products, the inventory quantity is zero, but the value is either a negative or positive.

I had checked and this could be due to a bug in Navision which would be fixed with SP3. However, my company's Navision is very highly customised such that migrating to SP3 may be very problematic.

I would like to have a way to remove the value show in the report and adjust the G/L Ledger accordingly. Anyone with similiar issue, please share in details your way of tackling the issue. Thanks

Comments

• dmitripdmitrip Member Posts: 44
    Hi,

There're may be multiple reasons.
    Take a look at the Item Ledger Entries for the item in question. Make sure that Cost Amount (Expected) flowfield is zero on all ILEs. You may have an open PO that has been received but not invoiced.

It's only one of the possible reasons and if you can't find it please let me know and we can go over it.

Hope it helps.
  • DonDyckDonDyck Member Posts: 6
    I've seen this when multiple "open" item ledger entries exist that have offsetting quantities - leaving zero qty on hand. This is often the result of inventory going negative (shipping an item before it is received, or doing a purchase return for a quantity greater than what is on hand, other scenarios) or when un-do shipment is used. To resolve you typically need to do a positive adjustment and a negative adjustment making sure that you do NOT use the Applies-To / From functionality. SP3 does not fix.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    readymix wrote:
    Hi,

I have a Navision 4.0 SP2 running in my company and we are trying to clean up the account for 2007 for auditing. Upon running the Inventory Valuation Report, we discover that for that for some products, the inventory quantity is zero, but the value is either a negative or positive.

I had checked and this could be due to a bug in Navision which would be fixed with SP3. However, my company's Navision is very highly customised such that migrating to SP3 may be very problematic.

I would like to have a way to remove the value show in the report and adjust the G/L Ledger accordingly. Anyone with similiar issue, please share in details your way of tackling the issue. Thanks

There's a blog post that explains why this is so:
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/alexchow/ ... n-5-0.aspx

There's no way to adjust prior entries. You can only prevent it from happening again going forward.