Outstanding PO's with Finished Production Orders?

adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
NAV 4.0 SP3

Hey,

Our purchasing department was trying to clean up P.O.s and found some they weren't sure what to do with. They were PO's generated from a subcontracting worksheet, that were never fully received or invoiced. Our MFG team has long since "finished" the orders.

The inventory quantities in these PO's are of no importance. How do I clean up these purchase orders that are tied to finished production orders?

Thanks for the help!

-Adam

Comments

• adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Sorry guys.. bump ](*,)
  • adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Can I get just a little love on this? Our implementer is NOT MFG coordinated :(
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I think as long as the quantities invoiced are equal to the quantities received, you should be able to purge those orders. I'm not completely sure how the process works (I'd have to test it), you might have to adjust the order quantities first.

There's a report number 499 called "Delete Invoiced Purchase Orders" that you may want to check out.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Are you sure that there are purchase orders tha have not yet been fully received? My understanding is you cannot "Finish" a production order when teh associated sub contracting purchase order is not fully received (at least that is the message I get :D ) How have you forced this through? It might be the version, or a modification?

I believe if you alter the direct unit cost on the purchase order and invoice it then this will close the order, and have no costing impact on the ledger entry, but please verify this on your version. Whether or not you want this is an all together different question - why are the subcontracting costs not included and part of the COGS, your profit is presumably overstated, and surely the subcontractor passed the costs on somehow, unless of course they are very generous!!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen