Printer collating with multiple invoice copies

jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
Has anyone found a solution where you need to print multiple copies of an invoice and they also need to be collated? For example, I have a sales invoice that has 2 pages and I need two copies. I'm using the CopyLoop to create the two copies but now the collating is off. Is it possible to send the number of copies to the printer with a collation default?

Jon

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Not that I completely understand what you are experiencing, but in my experience I would go to the "printing preferences" of that printer in control panel->printers and from there I can control my collating.

If you use that printer for other things and don't want the default printing preferences to have these setting - create an exact copy of the printer call it 1 & 2 or whatever - keep 1 with it's normal setting & change 2 to the new settings. When you print your invoice or whatever choose printer 2.

what is your printer doing?

1-1-2-2-3-3?
    1-2-3-1-2-3?
  • jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
    Harry,

Thanks for the response. You were right on the money. Turns out the user was printing to the wrong printer. We had set one up with the default collating set and they had chosen the wrong one.

Jon