Navision lic has expired!!!

JBeckJBeck Member Posts: 68
edited 2008-01-29 in Navision Financials
Hi,

I Have a really big problem.
I recently received a new lic because my old 1 was about to expire.
I've put the new lic in my navision Server folder (the old 1 has already expired). Now when i start navision and log in it says "Licence has expired". I've checked the licence, it seems fine, restarted the server and I'm still getting the error. I can't work :cry: !!!
I've even searched for the old lic on the server and couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm running navision 26 on a Sql Server....

Please Help

Thanks in advance,
JBeck

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Have you tried Uploading the license file on SQL server from the license information window. Read the Help for that window and try to see if this solves your problem.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you are using MS SQL server, there is nothing like "navision Server folder". You need to upload the license from NAV client to the server. To run nav now you need to open the client, use the Change button on the License information dialog to change the license temporarilly to the new one, open the database on the server, use the upload button to upload the new license to the server.

And one additional question: are you customer or partner?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Only partner licenses expire. Customer licenses do not expire.

You want to make sure you're using your own license instead of the partner's license.
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    indeed, customer licenses never expire.
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Only partner licenses expire. Customer licenses do not expire.

You want to make sure you're using your own license instead of the partner's license.
    That's correct, but there is a type of customer license which could also expire: The customer demo license.
    This license type is normaly used within the time until go live because there could be many changes.
    This license expires (as well as the partner licenses) after 6 month.

But I agree, it is more probably that there is a partner license in use.

So please use your own license!
    If your own license doesn't work, prompt your Microsoft Business Solutions Partner to create a working license.
    You have paid for it, so you have the right to get a working license.
    If there are some additional (individual) objects, it may be that you have to reorder these objects.

Never use the partner license!
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    That's correct, but there is a type of customer license which could also expire: The customer demo license.
    This license type is normaly used within the time until go live because there could be many changes.
    This license expires (as well as the partner licenses) after 6 month.

That's news... I've never seen this type of license before. Do you have to make a special request to MSFT for this type of license?
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Alex Chow wrote:
    That's news... I've never seen this type of license before. Do you have to make a special request to MSFT for this type of license?
    I'm sorry but I don't know the details how to create such a customer demo license because it is not part of my job.
    But I can guarantee that such licenses exist because I've seen such licenses many times in my projects.
    In fact, this license type grant access to all granules incl. customer area objects (50.000..99999), is named on the customer and has the number of users the customer needs.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    If you have a expired partner/demo license in the clientfolder
    (same as finsql.exe) and connect to a server with valid license
    you get the error anyway even is you are able to work normaly.
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009