Migration 4.01-5.00 remid never ends

dpardomdpardom Member Posts: 74
Hi,
I have a problem with the migration, well, to be honest, have LOTS os problems...

remid swiths a process, ntvdm.exe, which uses barely the 100% of the cpu and never ends.

Any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• dpardomdpardom Member Posts: 74
    nobody? 8-[
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You'll have to give more information to get a reaction!

What is exactly the problem?
    Thanks for reply.
    I'll try to explain better. But no more info :(

I'm migrating 4.01 to 5.00

On the point 3.1 --> "Remove IDs" of the upgrade toolkit manual tells to use remid.bat/remid2.exe on the txt file created from exporting all customer objects to txt.

Is easy, just follow the previous steps, export to txt, and execute:
    remid.bat orig.txt orig_remid.txt

That's suppose to create orig_remid.txt, but:
    - remid.bat executes remid2.exe
    - remid2.exe seems to start a process called ntvdm.exe
    - ntvdm.exe uses a very high cpu seems that never ends.
    Sorry, I can't spend too much time on invetigate this.
    I found that the process gets hanged on xmlport 1.
    When hitting ctrl-c to stop the process this seems to continue a bit more before exiting, here you can see where the process hangs and the ^C due to my ctrl-c.
        { [{4A78056E-39C7-4263-8185-50F6FC332C9B}];4 ;postingDate         ;Attribute;Field  ;
    ^C
                                                      DataType=Date;
                                                      SourceField=G/L Entry::Posting Date }

maybe I can try to exporta all except xmlport 1... let's see.

EDIT:
    No, the same but in the next xmlport:
        { [{9D19931E-BC36-42C2-B6CD-B7EFB0661449}];1 ;ICGLAccount         ;Element ;Table   ;
                                                      VariableName=ICGLAcc;
                                                      SourceTable=Table410;
                                                      Import::OnBeforeInsertRecord=VAR
                                                                                     OrgICGLAcc : Record 410;
                                                                                   BEGIN
                                                                                     XMLInbound := TRUE;

IF TempICGLAcc.GET(ICGLAcc."No.") THEN BEGIN
                                                                                       IF (ICGLAcc.Name <> TempICGLAcc.Name) OR (ICGLAcc."Account Type" <> TempICGLAcc."Account Type") OR
                                                                                          (ICGLAcc."Income/Balance" <> TempICGLAcc."Income/Balance") OR (ICGLAcc.Blocked <> TempICGLAcc.Blocked)
                                                                                       THEN
                                                                                         Modified := Modified + 1;
                                                                                       ICGLAcc."Map-to G/L Acc. No." := TempICGLAcc."Map-to G/L Acc. No.";
                                                                                       ^C
    OrgICGLAcc.GET(ICGLAcc."No.");
                                                                                       OrgICGLAcc.DELETE;
                                                                                       TempICGLAcc.DELETE;
                                                                                     END ELSE
                                                                                       Inserted := Inserted + 1;

EDIT2: If I kill the process ntvdm, instead of ctrl-c, the resulting file ends on the ^C mark (without ^C, of course)

EDIT3.5: It works ok with all objects exported separately except xmlports.

EDIT4: Seems the xmlport exported doesn't matter, if it's a xmlport, it hangs.
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    I love the upgrade toolkit :whistle:
  • ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    old thread.... but... there is a hotfix for this I think

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false
  • davorpdavorp Member Posts: 17
    You'll have to give more information to get a reaction!

What is exactly the problem?

I have the exact same problem with remid (remid2.exe) tool.

The problem is that remid tools is stuck when it processes XML objects. I exported all of the NAV4.0 SP3 objects to a text file, started remid and it loops indefinite. A bit more analysis revealed that it has problems parsing EVENTS line in the XML object so it's stuck on the first XML port (XMLport 1).

I tried for a test replacing EVENTS keyword in the exported objects .txt file with CODE keyword for XMLport 1, and then it gets stuck on XMLport 10 (the next one) on its EVENTS line. So I'm pretty sure that's the cause of the problem.

Looks like remid2.exe needs to be fixed so it can process EVENTS keyword in XMLport objects.
    Reinhard wrote:
    old thread.... but... there is a hotfix for this I think

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

Is there a newer version of remid2.exe available? The hotfix above for 3.01 upgrade toolkit doesn't work - it's the same remid2.exe version as is in the 5.0 upgrade toolkit already.
    Also both W1 and US upgrade toolkits as well as Croatian toolkit that I'm running all have the same buggy remid2.exe
  • yekedeyekede Member Posts: 96
    Hi all,
    I'm upgrading a 4.0 database to 5.0 and i'm having the same problems as above:REMID tool stops on XML Port 1 and also when i run the target file i can still see the object IDs. Can anyone direct me please?
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello,

I have the same problem described above.
    Can anybody help me in regarding if any?
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com