passing paramters to a Report

FOAvbOKIFOAvbOKI Member Posts: 19
Hi All!

i have a Nav4Sp1,without Programmers-license. But i reallz nead to run a report with a "pregiven" value, so to speak as parameter.
I tried1: new Form based on a table(because here i can disable the DRILLDOWN wizard, what we actually want), but i cant find a way at the Button Properties to executed a parameterized report.

i tried2: the version within the code of a other report, but here a have the drilldown in the requestform, but REPORT.RUN(...,RECORD) would work

So, a Form would do the GUI-Job, but how can i pass the selected record (Strg-F) to the specific report? Pls help, i really need that solution,. Any pointer is appreciated.

many thx xin advance

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You cannot do the "pass variable" on form with just report designer. You need to use report request form instead the form to do that, because there you have access to the C/AL code... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • FOAvbOKIFOAvbOKI Member Posts: 19
    hi - thx for the reply, but could u give me some more hints? maybe what exaclty is a report request form> is that the form at the beginning of each report, where th user can specify filter data? If so, how can i disabale the DRILL DOWN? Firthermore, like said in my prevoius thread, i dont hav a programmers license, so im kinda limited...

thx for ur hints!

tom
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    By request form I mean the tab "Options" on the report. You do not need to have any Dataitem in the report but you can define same thigs as on the form but on the request form (menu View-Request form when in report designer).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.