[solved] calculates component independently

j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
Experts,

I would need a help on how we can calculate the requirement of components without considering what we have on hand and qty. on PO.

I have production orders in the system. I want to calculate material requisition for those all production order independently ;
do not considering the qty on hand
do not considering the qty ordered to supplier in the POs.

in the component item card, i set the planning parameter:
reordering policy : order
reserve : optional
- tracking only

in manufacturing setup:
component at location : (blank)

in parent item card:
reordering policy : order
manufacturing policy : make-to-order
reserver : optional
- tracking only

what other configuration i need to prepare.

need feed back.
Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Looks fine from what you have described - does it work for you? :D

With regards to the components at location flag you can set it blank if you are using SKU's, but if you are not you really need to set this as your "MAIN" location to enable the planning to be performed.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
    Hi Adam, thanx for the input.
    I have tested, and partially it worked. Partially, here, I notice the Order Planning do not consider the stock on-hand.
    However, the problem is it reduces the qty to order since we have outstanding qty open in some PO.
    Actually I need the program to disregard this outstanding on PO quantity, so new order received is ordered in new PO - and not considering open qty on PO.
    Any idea on this case.
    Thank you.
    Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo
    Use the requisition worksheet, not the order planning tool.
    Let me rephase what I understand at the end.

from SO, I do Order - Planning ; Function - Create Prod. Order.
    Prod. Order Status: Released , Item Type : Project

all SO are processed to create Prod. Orders. we have now Prod Orders, with Prod. Order line and Prod. Order component.

Then to calculate all components needed for this newly created prod. orders, we can use Requisition Worksheet (?) not Order Planning (?)

May I have a further info on whatz the different on using those 2 different worksheets?
    What we can expect in Req. wksh and Order Planning?

Thanx a lot, Adam.
    The order planning tool is a simpler version of the requisition worksheet, built to somplify the process and brought in in version 4, primarily used in MTO environments, I believe, where the planning is done directly from the sales order. In my initial experience I fouind there to be many issues with it, it has been changed since its original inception though.

The requisition worksheet is NAVs planning engine traditionally, and works from all of the item card settings.

As for the differences between the two I cannot comment, but you seem to have found one. If you search the forum for order planning there have been more in depth discussions on the topic.

Personnally I would use the requisition worksheet in the scenario you describe.
    Right. I have calculated using Req.Wksh. and program loads many lines with a lot of combination of action ; new, cancel, resched. - which this is confusing. I have so many lines, 200+ lines in the worksheet.
    I myself will need several days to trace and evaluate.
    The nature, as you have said, of Navision is not purposed on massive ordering.
    Thank you.
    j.marselo wrote:
    The nature, as you have said, of Navision is not purposed on massive ordering.
    Thank you.

Not sure I said that!

So you are now confused at what Navision is telling you, that is because you do not understand what it is telling you, which is not Navisions fault :D

The cancel and reschedule messages are because you are ordering items either you do not need or at the wrong time. In an MTO environment this is obviously pretty critical!

All MRP is is one big calculator based upon the settings you have provided, it handles massive ordering fine, I have worked with a site loading hundreds of lines daily without issue, it just comes down to understanding and setup.
    Sorry ... not you (Adam) who wrote that. It is another user in responding my other topic. Sorry.

Still struggling to prove the order proposal of Req.wksh.

It's not because I don't understand the action message, I find it's very difficult to understand many lines of cancellations, and resched. and new PO --- and compare to existing POs that I have had in the system.

Will follow with the result on my effort.

Thanx Adam, you are very helpful.
    Well, finally, I have just got a chance to balance all demand vs. supply requirement, so we do not have anything as a result of "Calculate Plan" function.

Then, it feels so relieving to see the final result.

I created 1 SO, create Prod.Order from SO by Order - Planning ; Create Prod. Order : Released Production Order & Project type.

Then I open the Req.wksh and do Function - Calculate Plan. I can see, it shows me only what components required in the newly created prod. order.

Thanx Adam.
    Thanx all !
    Well, finally, I have just got a chance to balance all demand vs. supply requirement, so we do not have anything as a result of "Calculate Plan" function.

Then, it feels so relieving to see the final result.

I created 1 SO, create Prod.Order from SO by Order - Planning ; Create Prod. Order : Released Production Order & Project type.

Then I open the Req.wksh and do Function - Calculate Plan. I can see, it shows me only what components required in the newly created prod. order.

Thanx Adam.
    Thanx all !