Problem changing forms layout (need help)

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hi there!

Navission has the possibility to adjust the layout of some forms by moving columns, etc...
After we move columns and log off from Navision the adjustment we've made is saved.

My problem is this:

Some of my Navision users change their layout but after logging off, it doesnt save the changes on their profile. I think that this is caused by lack of some permission...

Is there anyone who knows how to solve this problem?

Many thanks

Answers

• JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi,

User form setting may be clear when:

1.Form is compiled by developer
    2.User close navision and click "No" when navision ask for "save ZUP file"
    (not clear in this case, but not saving setting from current session)

Regards
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
    JedrzejT wrote:
    Hi,

User form setting may be clear when:

1.Form is compiled by developer
    2.User close navision and click "No" when navision ask for "save ZUP file"
    (not clear in this case, but not saving setting from current session)

Regards

Thanks for your reply, but this i´ve tried this already and that's not the problem... :(
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And it is problem of specific users or specific forms? The Control positon saving can be disabled per form...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Are you using AD? do the users have the full permission in accessing the folder/location of the zup file?
    Navision noob....
  • anniqaanniqa Member Posts: 16
    I had a similar problem but when I added the path to the zup-file in the properties for the shortcut it disappeared (found the tip here)
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    I have something like this in one company, they have addon. Code of this addon mainupulate properties of fields. In this case ZUP files do nothing, because every time form is loaded fileds have new settings.
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
    Thanks!

I think that the problem is fixed... I gived permission to write in the FIN.zup folder and apparently it worked.