Message that license will expire but has no exp date

MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
My client is getting a message that the license file will expire in 15 days.

I have made sure that they have their client license uploaded and not ours. I have uploaded the license file again just in case it was a quirk. I have tested the same license file on my local drive and I do not get the message. I have even uploaded other license files and still get the message.

Is there some secret place on SQL that another file can be causing this problem? It's always just been a simple click of the upload button before.

I'm out of ideas.

Answers

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Remove license file from the clients computers NAV folder.
  • MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
    Thank you. That did it. There was an old license file on the client machine.
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    Hi,
    I am experiencing exactly the same think. This is what i did:
    I went to the following place:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client, and delete the fin.flf file and then import the license again, but it is still giving me the same warning.

Can someone help me on this please. I am using a native database and the version is 4.0.
    Thanks
  • MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
    Kolaboy make sure that there are no other licnese files on that computer. Delete or rename all .flf files.
  • piteruanspiteruans Member Posts: 3
    i have the same problem, on a native 4.0SP2 DB.
    i've renamed ALL .flf files, except for fin.flf, in which i've imported the correct license, but the program still finds an old license from nowhere... i'm stuck with it... :|
    Did anyone solution to this problem. I am experiencing it right now. I need help please
    Thanks
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    native database -> remove the wrong fin.flf from Client Folders and Server Folder

SQL database -> remove the wrong fin.flf fron Client Folder. On SQL Server you must Upload the correct license
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    We have renamed the wrong fin.flf from the client folder and import the correct one. When we open the application the correct one shows, but when the application is closed and open again, the wrong one comes again.

We went to the server and renamed and eventually removed the whole license but still when the application is closed and then open again, we see the wrong license again
    Any idea why this is happening?
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. its resolved.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    and what was the solution?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    I was looking at the wrong folder. I went to the actual server folder and removed the old license and placed the new one and it works. I did this in both the server and the client.
    native database -> remove the wrong fin.flf from Client Folders and Server Folder
    I did exactly as stated by garak above.
    Thanks