Block purchase invoices form payment

NAVWORMNAVWORM Member Posts: 11
Hello

Is there any way I can block a supplier invoice for payment?

Thanks

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    NAVWORM wrote:
    Hello

Is there any way I can block a supplier invoice for payment?

Thanks

If you want to block some payment appearing on the payment journal while using Suggest Vendor Payment batch job: it's easy:
    1. Go to Vendor Ledger Entries.
    2. Locate the document, you don't want to pay yet.
    3. Enter the reason (or anything actually) in the field OnHold.
  • NAVWORMNAVWORM Member Posts: 11
    Yes, but is there any way it is blocked for manual payment?
    because sometimes the user can forget about that invoice and pay it manually with a bunch of other invoices..

Thanks
    NAVWORM wrote:
    Yes, but is there any way it is blocked for manual payment?
    because sometimes the user can forget about that invoice and pay it manually with a bunch of other invoices..

Thanks

If you enter line manually in payment journal, and you define "Applies-to Doc No" for the same document which has OnHold field defined, you will get error message on posting payment journal.

However, if you do not define "Applies-to Doc No" then, you will be able to post any value.
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Tomas wrote:
    If you enter line manually in payment journal, and you define "Applies-to Doc No" for the same document which has OnHold field defined, you will get error message on posting payment journal.

However, if you do not define "Applies-to Doc No" then, you will be able to post any value.

Just got interested with this topic. How about applying the payment using the vendor ledger entries Function > Apply Entries?
    Navision noob....
    basically, clicking on field "Applies-to Doc No" is the same as clickin on Functions->Apply entries.
    hi

I tried doing that, but got no error message, and the payment document was posted anyway.
    Maybe I'm missing some setup parameter?
    On the OnHold field I just put my initials, should it be something else?

Thanks
    edited 2008-01-23
    NAVWORM wrote:
    hi

I tried doing that, but got no error message, and the payment document was posted anyway.
    Maybe I'm missing some setup parameter?
    On the OnHold field I just put my initials, should it be something else?

Thanks

Have you applied payment to any document?
    Usually, from my experience, people usually enter their initials.

EDITED:
    Ahh, I see. If you use Function->Apply Entry it does really allow you to post payment journal anyway.

Ineresting.

EDITED 2:
    But I guess that is reasonable. If you manage to apply entry to the document you do not want to pay yet, then why are you doing this at the first place? There is no logic with stopping user from posting payment journal, if you apply payment to some document manually. It's just time saving, that you do not need to clear OnHold field before that.
    yes, I tried applies-to -doc number in journal line and functions - apply entries... it posted both ways.. :(
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I assume you want to do this without having to block the vendor.

Sometimes we don't want an invoice to show for payment for whatever reason. A dispute, a short, wrong merch, whatever. So we have it in our system but don't want it to keep coming up for payment.

-We change the due date to 10 years from now 2018 - make a note in the vendor's comments regarding the change. We can always put the proper due date back when it's ready to go.

Not the smoothest plan but it works for us.. 8-[
    ps - I can't believe the OnHold still alllows you to pay & post :-k
    pushing forward the due date was my first idea :)

I'll try again the apply entries aproach, maybe I was doing something wrong.
    i checked the Help file for the OnHold field and it only mentioned that the invoice wouldn't get selected in suggest vender payments functionality..

Thanks everyone!
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The easiest way we found (as we were avoiding any coding in the posting routine) was to set the filter on the form 233 "Apply Vendor Entries" for On-Hold field. The user can not pay the invoice using any available standard option in Navision or can apply the invoice against any other transaction. (Tested for Manual application in vendor ledger, payment journal with suggest vendor, payment journal with manual application, credit memo)
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in