Help on NAV deployment in multi language setup

bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
Hello,

I am looking for some help on how NAV works in multi language setup. Is there any technical documents, white papers available on this?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bhushan

Comments

• mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Hi bteredesai,

I do not know if there are a lot of white papers but what you can do is have a look at countries that have multiple languages by default like Belgium and Switzerland.

Looking at how things are done here might help you.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Remember one thing:
    The objects are multilanguage, but not the data. For example payment terms : you have a code (I advice a language-neutral code like "01","02",...) and a description in 1 language and all use that language. If you want more languages for the payment terms you have to program it. Or use a different code for each language.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    Hello,

I need an advise on how to go about with the multilanguage deployment of Dynamics NAV 5.0.

The scenario: a company is having head office in India and branches in Germany and France. They want to implement NAV at these three locations.

What is the best way to go ahead with this?
    1) Can I have a single database located in India? Is it possible in this situation to implement NAV at Germany and France with the help of Language Module?

2) What if I have the different database for each country? How the consolidation will work in this situation?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thnaks!

Bhushan
  • dalidali Member Posts: 1
    Hi Bhushan,

I'm facing the same problem...please if you had found a solution let me know

Thanks a lot