Renaming an Item - Special Characters

holzschuhholzschuh Member Posts: 19
Hi ... a manufacturing client is interested in renaming Items that have not been "used" for a couple of years but wants to keep all the history details. They figure they can just set the filters on the Item No. field to not select Items that start with a special character. I.E. ** I understand that using a special character / symbol that is also used in creating the filter is a no no. IE * = & | @ ? etc. They are running native Navision database and will eventually migrate to SQL. Are there any issues with the other special characters like % etc. or is there a better way of "grouping" these unused Items... What have others done / used?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanx

Comments

• Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    holzschuh wrote:
    Hi ... a manufacturing client is interested in renaming Items that have not been "used" for a couple of years but wants to keep all the history details.

I would probably suggest some another method of marking the items as "old", other than a renaming convention. An existing field perhaps, an item category or product group, or a new field which you could use to group the items.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If these items haven't been used then why not just block them.

If it's lists or something that they don't want to see them you can always just change the sourcetableview to included blocked=no