Drop Shipment and KIT ( Combinations of Items ) as one item

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hi All,

I have two scenarios if any one can help me.

1. How can we provide Purchase order number while making a sales order by using Drop shipment function?

2. How to create a KIT item which is a combination of some numbers of items and how can we sale it via POS and Sales Invoice? Please note that the items which are part of the kit can also be sold seprately.

Thanks in advance.

brgds,
Sajid

Comments

• gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    1. On the sales order we have to enter the Purchasing Code(drop shipment) and Purchase Order No(This is not available on the standard sales order,you have to press Ctrl+F2 and then use to field designer to add the "Purchase order no" field to the form 46 sales order subform)and then go to Order->Drop Shipment->Purchase Order

2.Kitting is using the same principle as of bill of materials which is existing standard functionality before 5.0.
    Regards,

GD
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Thanks Gulam.
    1.I already tried doing that befor submitting this query on mibuso but it does not take the PO number it shows the list of Purchase orders but we cannot select any from the list.

2. Can you elobrate more how we can make Kit Items and then how we can make a sales invoice using this KIT and ow we can sale it on POS?

regards
    Sajid
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Hello Guys!!

I am still waiting for the answers.. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Come on Guys no one has Functional Experience.

regards

Sajid
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

With regards to the drop shipment issue you need to do this at a line basis. You can have a sales order with two lines fulfilled by different purchase orders, which is why it is referenced on the line, not the header.

I am also not sure of the actual question, you have a sales order and then want to go directly to the PO? I have implemented a process flow where the requisition worksheet was run on a sales order by sales order basis due to the requirements where the lines were numerous and vendors many, so 20 PO's would supply one "drop shipment" sales order. The system also references the PO line to the sales order line.

I will however get very confused as it was always modified when put in. :D

No experience of kits yet but there are several posts on this site asking similar questions, I kindly suggest you use the search!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ht=kitting

i know this isnot much but its a start and all the funtional consultants are out of town #-o
    Regards,

GD
    and as far as LS Retail is Concerned have a look at this topic

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 749#111749
    Regards,

GD