Citrix NAV client logon problem after SP3 Upgrade 6

mcoelhomcoelho Member Posts: 2
I ran the SP3 Upgrade 6 last night and updated the clients on my two Citrix servers last night. All seemed well, but this morning my Citrix users are getting this error when starting Navision: "The file C:/Program Files/Microsoft Business Solutions-Client/ENU/fin.smt already exists". The client won't start. Occasionally this error doesn't come up and a user can get into Navision. LAN clients are working normally.

I checked the client version on the Navision server and both Citrix servers appear to be upgraded to the new version.

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I cannot help you with the citrix stuff, but what I can do is highly recommend using update 8 instead of 6.

6 will cause all kinds of locking issues which are solved in 8.

Also disable indexhinting please [-o< .
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    We had the same problem. We are having MS look into it.
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    For us the problem was that NAV client had to be opened once while the Citrix box was in install mode. This is because (I think) that .smt file is shared, but it is only compiled after NAV is opened for the first time.

In your case, I would guess that you opened the client on one of your Citrix servers, but not the other.

It was resolved by having everyone log out of NAV and citrix, then having the adminstrator put the machine in install mode, delete the .smt file, and then repoen the client.