Restricting access in Object Designer

sadynamicssadynamics Member Posts: 42
Hi Everybody,

is it possible to disable the any one of the object in Object designer. For ex: if user is given Object designer access then he can run the table and delete the data. He needs only dataport access other than that all the objects should be blocked (or greyed out) is it possible ?

Please let me know for any clarifications.

Thanks Experts...
Luv,
Dynamics Lover

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Go to the permissions of a role check the options for the object type System... there are options there regarding the designer that might help you
  • Theo_KerstenTheo_Kersten Member Posts: 35
    You can use shortcuts in the navigation pane
  • sadynamicssadynamics Member Posts: 42
    Ya thanks for the reply.. but the issue is if user selects the whole line and delete then it throws up " you donot have permission to delete" if he deletes the field seperately it is not throwing up error.. is it standard bug ?
    Luv,
    Dynamics Lover
  • sadynamicssadynamics Member Posts: 42
    Ya thanks for the reply.. but the issue is if user selects the whole line and delete then it throws up " you donot have permission to delete" if he deletes the field seperately it is allowing to delete.. is it standard bug ?
    Luv,
    Dynamics Lover
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Your license as an end user won't let you delete lines directly as a user , you would need a partner license to do this.

This is pretty senesible who the hell gives an end user to delete in datables directly.

Certain fields are changable where their properties = editble
  • LeonhLeonh Member Posts: 8
    I am sure you should not being giving end users any access to the object designer at all. Even if the user only has access to the dataports, he could write code that would be able to delete anything in your database.

There is no bug, I think you are going about it wrong from the beginning.