Inventory Revaluation - Unit Cost (Calculated)

seyhockseyhock Member Posts: 33
Dear all,

Yesterday I was doing Inventory Revaluation Journal with "calculate Inventory value" function.

I noticed that Unit Cost (Calculated) is not same as oringial Standard Cost.
and at different location, unit cost may be different for the same item.

I wonder how Navision calculated this unit cost because I am expecting it to show Standard Cost instead of others.

The situation worsen when I accidently posted one for the journal with this Unit cost (calculated) which revalued to new standard cost. Because the unit cost (calculated) is much higher than the original and new standard cost, my inventory account now shows negative balances. I have no idea how to solve the problem now.

Please help me.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The unit cost is not the standard cost, but it is the unit cost that is used in the revaluation process. This is effectively the average cost of the item, it does however depend upon your version, can you drill down on the unit cost field from the item card?

I would suggest you run the adjust cost routine and then look at the item, this should post all of teh corrections and differences for you.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • seyhockseyhock Member Posts: 33
    I am running the item adjust cost everyday.

The problem now I am facing is the adjustment amount.

eg:

Item A Standard cost at item card is 0.25
    Revaluation Journal: Unit Cost (Calculated) at 1.00
    I need to revalue the item to 0.23.

What system does is to compare 1.00 to 0.63 and adjust the differences (0.73)

Originally, Inventory Account, the balance is show at 0.25, now after adjustment system show -0.48 (0.25-0.73)...

how system going to re-balance to new cost at 0.23?
  • seyhockseyhock Member Posts: 33
    Version: NAV4.0 SP2
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Strangely I cannot replicate your scenario as the unit cost reflects the standard cost as the variances get posted appropriately. I created a new item with a standard cost at 0.25 then purchased it at 1.00 but the unit cost remained at 0.25, so processing through the standard cost worksheet and implementing the change to produce the revaluation journal posted everything through fine. Not sure if this is the version I am testing this on or yours, I have a 4.00 version database with a 5 client.

If I alter the standard cost or the unit cost the other reflects the change after a warning message so I cannot get them out of synch. If you manually alter the standard cost on the item card I presume the unit cost does not change? (Just as a test of course!!)
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Strangely I cannot replicate your scenario as the unit cost reflects the standard cost as the variances get posted appropriately. I created a new item with a standard cost at 0.25 then purchased it at 1.00 but the unit cost remained at 0.25, so processing through the standard cost worksheet and implementing the change to produce the revaluation journal posted everything through fine. Not sure if this is the version I am testing this on or yours, I have a 4.00 version database with a 5 client.

If I alter the standard cost or the unit cost the other reflects the change after a warning message so I cannot get them out of synch. If you manually alter the standard cost on the item card I presume the unit cost does not change? (Just as a test of course!!)

If you change the standard cost on the item card it should automatically make the Unit Cost field match the new standard cost.