Item charges with subcontracting Purchase orders

beetlestonebeetlestone Member Posts: 46
Hi everyone,
An end user wishes to use subcontracting and this has been setup. However, there is now a situation whereby additional invoices need to be raised against the original subcontracting job - typically, these are for freight charges and are from a third party haulage company.

Standard v4.03 code appears to prevent application of Purchase Order Charge Items against a subcontracted Purchase Receipt. There is code within codeunit 5805 ensuring that the Work Centre No. is Blank. Further code users the Quantity (Base) field of the Purchase Receipt, which always appears to be 0 (zero) when posting a subcontracting PO. Getting round these two points is not difficult, but it does mean changing the way that the Item Charge assignment and posting works.

This request seems to be reasonable from a user point of view, but do any of you have any suggestions about how we can resolve this issue with no bespoke, or minmal if necessary.
Darren Beetlestone

Comments

• bennie_de_beerbennie_de_beer Member Posts: 43
    Hi,

I have the same request from a client and were wondering if a workaround exists?

I was thinking of creating a new PO with two lines for the manufactured item (one positive quantity and one negative quantity - it cancels each other). The Charge Item will then be on the third line and only applied to the positive line.

Any ideas/comments on my suggestion appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • sinujoysinujoy Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

How can we do item charge assignment in subcontracting? Is there any quality checking available before receiving back the item after subcontracting?

Regards

Sinu