Navision 4SP3 crashes in OnNewRecord Trigger

MikeVanDykeMikeVanDyke Member Posts: 5
In case the function CurrForm.UPDATE is called within the OnNewRecord Trigger of a form, navision crashes with the message "Internal Error 101 in module 60".

The reason why I need to use this call is that I want to implement a mandatory field check for several forms. I read some suggestions on the web to add some code to the OnQueryCloseForm and OnAfterGetCurrRecord trigger of the form - see code snippets below - this workes fine, but there is still a way to bypass the mandatory field check:

The user enters data on the form and does not fill out some mandatory fields. Then he creates a new record by pressing F3 - the new record is shown and the mandatory field check was not performed for the currently entered data.

So I wanted to add code to the OnNewRecord trigger including the CurrForm.UPDATE call ...

Has anybody an idea how to bypass this problem? Is this bug corrected within a newer navision version?

Relevant Code:
[Form - OnOpenForm()
OriginalRecord := Rec;
PreventMandatoryCheck := TRUE;

Form - OnAfterGetCurrRecord()
MandatoryCheckNextRecord;

Form - OnNewRecord(BelowxRec : Boolean)
MandatoryCheckNewRecord;

MandatoryCheckNextRecord()
IF PreventMandatoryCheck THEN BEGIN
  PreventMandatoryCheck := FALSE;
  EXIT;
END;

// check for unchanged or new record by checking primary key field(s)
IF ("No." = xRec."No.") OR ("No." = '') THEN
  EXIT;

RecRef.GETTABLE(xRec);
IF NOT MandatoryFieldsFunctions.CheckMandatoryFieldError(RecRef, '', FALSE, ErrorText) THEN BEGIN
  Rec := xRec;
  xRec.TRANSFERFIELDS(Rec);
  CurrForm.UPDATE(FALSE);
  MESSAGE(ErrorText);
  EXIT;
END
ELSE

MandatoryCheckNewRecord()
RecRef.GETTABLE(xRec);
IF NOT MandatoryFieldsFunctions.CheckMandatoryFieldError(RecRef, '', FALSE, ErrorText) THEN BEGIN
  Rec := xRec;
  xRec.TRANSFERFIELDS(Rec);
  CurrForm.UPDATE(FALSE);
  MESSAGE(ErrorText);
  EXIT;
END
ELSE

PS: I know that the CurrForm.UPDATE call causes the crash - I created a new form containing only this call in the OnNewRecord trigger and pressed F3 ...

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    In stead of the OnAfterGetCurrentRecord-trigger, you might put the code in the OnInsert- and OnModify- triggers of the table. Or even better : create in the table a function in which you test the fields and call the function from the triggers.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!