How to Use the Standard Roles in Navision???

DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
Hi All

Could you please tell how to make use of the Standard Roles present in Navision 4.0 SP3.
Is there any courseware or User Manual available in the Partnersource?

There are about 154 standard Roles. For Example if I create a user and assign "MFG-PLANNING" role to that user. I couldnt login to the Navision system. I tried to combine assign "ALL" role and "MFG-PLANNING" role to the user and it allowed to log-in. Is this the right way to work on the standard roles and permissions provided by the Navision System.

I tried to create seperate roles (it was time consuming), but this was not desirable - as clients wanted to use the standard roles available in the system. Could anybody suggest a proper way on the usage of the Standard Roles provided by the Navision System???

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Dev

Comments

• DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
    Thanks!!!

I got the solution from the Installation & Configuration User Manuals. "ALL" Roles must be used in conjuction with the specific roles assigned to the user.

The All Role:
    Any user who is not a superuser must be assigned the ALL role as well as
    roles/permissions that give access to the specific areas of the program that they will need to use. The ALL role gives you fundamental permissions to sign in, access the main menu, and move around in the program. You cannot access any tables, table data, forms and so on without further permissions, so there is no logic in assigning only the ALL role to a user.
    A user who will administer security in only certain areas (such as a department manager who will administer security for their own department) must be assigned at least three roles: ALL, SECURITY, and then the role or roles that provide access to the relevant areas of the database (such as Sales & Receivables)