Query regarding Table 5062 attachment

30dirtybirds30dirtybirds Member Posts: 10
Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of help again,

I need to import a load of attachments into Navision and attach them to a contact, It seems to do this I create an interaction and attach the file to that interaction, thats fine.

I have had success creating the interactions via an import but not with the attachments.

the fields that seem to be of interest are

"Storage type", which I am setting to "Disk File"
"Storage Pointer" which should be set to the path of the file
and
"File Extension" which im setting to "xls" or "txt" or "doc" etc..

It seems no matter what I put into the "Storage pointer" it always tries to open a file called DOC1.xxxxx (Doc1 gets incremented each time I try to open the attachment)

I have tried entering the path, the path+filename, the path+filename-extension basically every possibility I can think of.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Jamie

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What version are you u using ?
  • 30dirtybirds30dirtybirds Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

The version is reported as:

Version DE 4.0 SP1 (4.0 SP2)

thanks
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Which code are you using to import the attachment?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • 30dirtybirds30dirtybirds Member Posts: 10
    At the moment I am directly entering the data into the table manually.

So its definitely not a coding error.

The file does exist in the location I'm telling it, the attachment appears on the interaction, and the interaction also appears under the contact but trying to open the attachment gives the error.

I assume its copying the attachment to a temporary location first and giving it a temp name (hence the docxxx name) but I can't figure out where I'm going wrong.

I changed the attachment storage type to "Disk File" and created an attachment through the interaction screen. this attachment opens fine but if I look at the 5062 table the file location only shows the folder (IE "c:\") and the extension shows "xls" but none of the columns show the actual file name, So I'm guessing its stored in the field called "Attachment" but this is a blob so I have no idea how to get the file name into it.

Seriously guys I'm drowning here, any ideas?