Options

Navision General Ledger

krokodilkrokodil Member Posts: 4
edited 2004-02-17 in Navision Financials
Please ignore my poor English....

I'm new in Navision...so I will say this little weird:

In our company we have Navision Financials 2.01.
I must made export of data in General Ledger in plain ASCII format for external revision company.How can I do that ? Do I need some kind of externl utility ?

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    1/ If you want to export your G/L to a file (txt, csv, etc..) :

Use the Dataports, the easier is to have 1 by table, for instance, the G/L Account table (15).

2/ If you want to import data in Navision, that's a bit more difficult. In an empty database, you can import entries like G/L Accounts, without any problem.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • Options
    Use the Dataports, the easier is to have 1 by table, for instance, the G/L Account table (15).

OK, I want to do this.Can you tell me more about this.I know, stupid question, but I really don't know how...

Thank You
  • Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    Object Designer -> Dataport -> New

Set the dataitem = G/L Account

View -> Dataport Fields

View -> Field Menu

Select (highlight) the fields you want to export, in that order. Click the Dataport fields window, you get a message "Do you want to append the fields that are selected in the field menu?"

Press Yes.

Save the dataport, run the dataport, select a file name and press the 'export' option.

-A
  • Options
    Done that.But now I want to use data in other table (before 15, now 15 AND 17) .How can I do tis ? I want to do this because on table 15 I don't have "date filter" but is it on table 17.Can I "join" both function ?