Help, how to create 2 person approve a single document?

kennyhohkennyhoh Member Posts: 10
Hi

I m exploring the idea of having 2 person to approve a single document. I already setup the approval system according to the MS Demo Script. Everything is fine.

The idea is happen to be a requirement while implementing NAV. 2 managers are required to approve a single Sales Order. Is this possible? If yes, how to set up? Is customization required :?:

Thanks

Comments

• kennyhohkennyhoh Member Posts: 10
    i am trying to explore on the feature Additional Approval. But it doesn't work. what is the function of this additional approval means?

(found in administration -> Document approval -> approval templates -> additional approval button)
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    If you look at the white paper or manual you will see this answered in a general way.

it says the main criteria to get this working is

"Additional approvers can only be used if you have selected Blank in the Approval Type field in the Approval Templates window."
  • kennyhohkennyhoh Member Posts: 10
    i tried this but it doesn't work

i create a sales quote, and it required approval before posting it. but in the end, 1 manager approved it and the document is disappear from the approval document box. i need to have 2 managers to approved it.

In some typical Chinese business, sometimes they need 2 managers to approved a document (SO, PO or Quote) if the value is over let say, SGD 10k.

Anyone can help?
  • LouisLouis Member Posts: 78
    It's a long time ago.
    Did you use the V5 standard function to solve this "multi-approvers for one-doc" functionnality ?
    Reading the on-line help doesn't answer this question.

Can someone inform me ? TIA