OS Error while exporting to excel

smcsmc Member Posts: 41
I have a report which is running for 75000 items.
I am exporting it to excel. Before Starting the Excel
The OS Returned the following error 131==>"An Attempt was made to move the File pointer before the beginning of the File"

I am using the temporary excel buffer table to export the data

Comments

• rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    Is it anything t do with excel only having 65536 lines?
  • smcsmc Member Posts: 41
    In excel 2007 more than 100000 lines are allowded. then what is the problem?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    smc wrote:
    Are you creating a text-file in which you write all data and then start Excel to use that file?
    In this case, probably your file-size goes over 2GB. Navision does not support files over 2GB.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    smc wrote:

I read on exceluser.com that it's not 1 hundred thousand but ovwer a million lines are allowed :shock:
    Excel 2007 worksheets now have more than one million rows and 16,000 columns.

As one image shows, however, the new cell addresses will look a little strange to experienced Excel users. The bottom-right cell of a spreadsheet has gone from IV65536 to XFD1048576.

Even More Raised Limits
    Microsoft has raised many other limits in Excel. These are just a few of them:

Total amount of PC memory that Excel can use
    Old Limit: 1GB
    New Limit: Maximum allowed by Windows

Number of conditional format conditions on a cell
    Old Limit: 3 conditions
    New Limit: Limited by available memory

Number of levels of sorting on a range or table
    Old Limit: 3
    New Limit: 64

Number of characters per cell that Excel can print
    Old Limit: 1k
    New Limit: 32k

Number of levels of nesting that Excel allows in formulas
    Old Limit: 7
    New Limit: 64

I guess the next step is to have nav spit out the records ever 5000 or so in batches instead fo all at once. :-k
  • smcsmc Member Posts: 41
    Using excel buffer to store the details first and after running the full report , then that will start to copy to Excel. making excel buffer yes
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I am not sure if the Excel buffer table uses the 2007 version of the automation variables though, so I would not assume that it would work that way. Try testing your solution on a set of records that you know is small enough to fit in a regular sheet. Filter it down to a few hundred even, so you don't have to wait so long for the sheet to build.
  • tihomirjurtihomirjur Member Posts: 21
    I'm using it in same way - my report exports data from table in excell buffer then it builds excel from buffer - i get same error for Item table - tried it on smaller tables and it works perfectly - i think the problem is in excell buffer!!