Rename records with NAS (hide dialog)

dlebechdlebech Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I have a Navision Application Handler (NAS) running every night and I want to rename som item numbers from the Item table. I use the built-in C/AL function RENAME but this function brings up a dialog and the NAS does not like this and hence cannot run the job.

Is there any way to avoid this dialog or maybe rename records without the RENAME function?

Thank you!
Best regards
David

Comments

• AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
    Don't use the rename function, create the new record and delete the old one.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Alisha wrote:

But this will not change all related fields!!! :whistle:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    A workaround is run Navision client as NAS. and let it do the renaming. Once it's done go back to using NAS.

I've tried to rename in NAS in 3.7 version and did not have any problems.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • dlebechdlebech Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for your replies.
    kine wrote:
    Alisha wrote:

Exactly, and I need to "validate" when renaming
    ara3n wrote:
    A workaround is run Navision client as NAS. and let it do the renaming. Once it's done go back to using NAS.

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean. How can I run a client with a NAS? I understand the NAS as a service to run codeunit code outside Navision. If a client is supposed to run anyway, I could might as well have the computer running overnight instead of using a NAS? Or what do you mean?

David
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    dlebech wrote:
    Thank you for your replies.
    kine wrote:
    Alisha wrote:

Exactly, and I need to "validate" when renaming
    ara3n wrote:

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean. How can I run a client with a NAS? I understand the NAS as a service to run codeunit code outside Navision. If a client is supposed to run anyway, I could might as well have the computer running overnight instead of using a NAS? Or what do you mean?

David

yes run a client overnight.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n