Default Dimension Priorities

bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
edited 2008-01-23 in Navision Financials
Hello,

I am trying to use the Default Dimension Priority setup to avoid conflicts between the dimension values in a single line entry. However this functionality semms to be not working.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bhushan

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What does it mean " However this functionality semms to be not working"? It is working. It seems that your setup is wrong or you are expecting something other that it is doing...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I will explain you what am I trying to achieve:

I am trying to post an expense entry from General Journal. Account Type is G/L Account and Balance Account Type is Vendor. The G/L Account has some deafult dimensionvalue mapped to it and similary in the vendor card there is some different dimension value mapped for the same dimension. Now when I am trying to post this entry system gives me an error.

To avoid this I have done the "Default Dimension Priority" setup as follows:
    1) For Source Code General Journal (GENJNL) I have set the folllowing priprity:
    Table ID Table Name Priority
    15 G/L Account 1
    23 Vendor 2

I am not sure whether I have done the complete setup. Your help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bhushan
    And the error you got is?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    Hello,

The error I got is with respect to defualt dimension value attached in a vendor card.

Thanks.

Bhushan
    Can you make a "Copy&Paste" of the error? (just press Ctrl+C when the error is on the screen and paste it into the forum through Ctrl+V as text).

Can you post the setting of dimension on the vendor card?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.