Problem with C/FRONT 5.0 and old databases

nicklaslnicklasl Member Posts: 10
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to open databases with version < 5.0 in VS2005 (.NET 2.0).

Couldn't connect or open the database, verified that database exist,
servername is correct and connection and database is closed before connecting.
If multiple Dynamics NAV versions are installed, then remember to set the NavisionPath to the correct client files.
Error thrown is : Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

With 5.0 databases everything works fine. I'm setting the NavisionPath to the correct location, use a valid licens but still I get the error. I've looked around to find a solution and apparently this error isn't unique for C/FRONT, It could be related to security settings on .NET 2.0 applications...

Are anyone out there experiencing simlilar problems?

//Nicklas

Comments

• dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    Try to open the database with a 5.0 version of the NAV client so that it converts the database - then it should be possible to open it with c/front. c/front does not allow you to by-pass the conversion of a database, i.e. to continue using the old database from the 5.0 c/front.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • nicklaslnicklasl Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the answer, but the thing is that I don't want to convert the databases. I use seperate C/FRONT versions for every database (Like the LS Retail replicator).
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    tjena Nicklas

You say you have multiple version of Nav C/side installed ?

i have seen the same issue if you have so many version of navision installed or are you just running the fin.exe from a client folder sitting on your machine ?

If you have fully installed problems i have found that this will really screw your zup file and give you errors like this.

Try unistalling other version except for 5.0 and run the app from the client folders of each version. Also deleting the .zup may assist