Excel Export problem

GaryDGaryD Member Posts: 66
We are having problems in exporting to Excel for some, not all, objects. For instance we can use the "Send to Micrisoft Excel" button in NAV to export the data in the Vendor card to Excel, but doing this for the Customer card generates the following message:

Problems came up in the following areas during load:
Table
This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\69160819.log

The problem is that the Content.MSO directory does not even exist so I can't read the file to see what the problem is. This seems to be a message generated by Excel instead of NAV.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Some folder do exists and it's hidden and you have to type the at the address bar to see them.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    GaryD wrote:
    We are having problems in exporting to Excel for some, not all, objects. For instance we can use the "Send to Micrisoft Excel" button in NAV to export the data in the Vendor card to Excel, but doing this for the Customer card generates the following message:

Problems came up in the following areas during load:
    Table
    This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\69160819.log

The problem is that the Content.MSO directory does not even exist so I can't read the file to see what the problem is. This seems to be a message generated by Excel instead of NAV.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

There is a bug which can be generated when using Send to Microsoft Excel to export data from a form where the caption of that form contains either of these characters:

\ ? ' : *

I've detailed a fix for this problem here

Although, the Customer card shouldn't contain any of the disallowed characters, so not sure on that #-o but it certainly sounds like the same error.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • GaryDGaryD Member Posts: 66
    Thanks Rashed, shows how little I know. I thought if I had the "Show hidden files and folders" option turned on and the "Hide protected operating system files" turned off that I would see all files and folders. Now I know better. Turns out the error was caused by some corrupt date - now I just have to find it.
  • gerardoabalgerardoabal Member Posts: 4
    I've found a workaround when the problem is on the data and not on the title of the Form.

For example if you have a List Form that shows a Code Field with some illegal characters "\*?" the solution its to replace this field from the Form with a TextBox with a global Text variable as source expression. Then you are converting from Code to Text and the Excel export process do not crash.

That's it!