Dual Language at report level

mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
Hi Experts,
One of my client is using Navision in English. Now client has expended its business in other countries. My cliet requires the reports in spanish, french and Vietnamee. What should be done. Please guide..

Thanks in advance.
Mukesh Sharma

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It depends on the case:

1) How you want to choice the language: based on the client langauge or based on some data (e.g. on Customer language code)
    2) If the design is same or you need to have different design for different language
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Client requires that after pressing the print button, user should select the language (client language) and design will be the same. Client will standardised the Reporting formats.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    edited 2008-01-14
    Also Standard navision sales invoice does this based on customer Language code. Take a look at it and how it's done.
    You'll need to load the language pack for other languages.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Look at the standard Invoice report. You can see, that the language of the report will be selected by Client language on the invoice. You can use the same thing to change the language of the report. Than you just needs to localize the captions. If you want to have data transalted, you will need to have something like Item Translations everywhere to have corect language data.

(P.S.: ara3n was faster than me... :-))
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks Rashed and Kine,
    I have got slight success, but not complete. I am getting the report but only 60% the captions are converted into the desied language. Also field values are not converted, i don't know why?? Can you suggest something??
    Mukesh Sharma
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you need to look at the text and label controls and make sure the captionML is filled in for the desired language.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Data will not be translated automatically. E.g. in standard db the items descriptions are "translated" in this way:

On item card you can define translations for any language code.
    If you add this item with translation to some order, which customer has the language code on the customer card (and it means that the language code is in the order header), the description into the order line will be copied from the translation table and not from the item card. And if you print the documents for this order, they will show you the translation by default...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Kine,

Thanks for guiding me for the process.
    I have tried it but could not get the success. All other things are coming but i am unable to get the description of Item in customer's language on sales order etc.

Please guide.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • amcmwuamcmwu Member Posts: 34
    Hello muksha

I 'm writing from Germany and we also want to print in english, spanish, german and next will be kyrillisch.
    We were doing the longway means we translate everything in the reports like descriptions and headlines in the reports. But we made it. It takes a long time.
    Hope it will work next time

Regards Martin
    Hi Martin,
    Can you give me the clue, how to convert description of the fields from one language to other??
    Mukesh Sharma
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    kine wrote:
    Data will not be translated automatically. E.g. in standard db the items descriptions are "translated" in this way:

On item card you can define translations for any language code.
    If you add this item with translation to some order, which customer has the language code on the customer card (and it means that the language code is in the order header), the description into the order line will be copied from the translation table and not from the item card. And if you print the documents for this order, they will show you the translation by default...

Since you get the translation from 2nd table, what is the fastest way to GET it if we are talking about a company over 30giga database?
    K.S.