NAV 5 - Licensing Problems

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Hi everybody,

We're having an issue on NAV5 licensing. We have to change the license from a developers' one to a clients' one. However, we're encountering problems when accessing certain modules such as customers and vendors cards.
Error: "You do not have permission to run the 'Online Map Management' Codeunit."

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    How old is your license? You might have to ask microsoft to refresh it.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    This sound more like the security setup from different versions to to version 5.

I encountered this recently. You will need to either import the standard 5 roles or add all the new tables and fields in manually.

Mark may be correct espically if your license doesn't have the 5.xxxxx line on it

Its a pain in the ass but MS does say to do it manually in the upgrade kit.
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    jannestig wrote:
    This sound more like the security setup from different versions to to version 5.

I encountered this recently. You will need to either import the standard 5 roles or add all the new tables and fields in manually.

Mark may be correct espically if your license doesn't have the 5.xxxxx line on it

Its a pain in the ass but MS does say to do it manually in the upgrade kit.

Everthing seems to be correct and up-to-date, however we're constantly encountering this error - "You do not have permissions to read the change log setup table."

Any help appreciated.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    On the license you are importing does the change log granule exist?

If you have setup tables using one license and then import a license without these permissions you will get this sort of error.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Yes what Adam said is correct for example if you posted something with a partner license it will post things into tables that your client license can't not access and you will get those issues.

You will have to check the tables being mentioned for data and clear them.
    jannestig wrote:
    Yes what Adam said is correct for example if you posted something with a partner license it will post things into tables that your client license can't not access and you will get those issues.

You will have to check the tables being mentioned for data and clear them.

You and Adam have spot the problem. I've emptied the tables mentioned in the error messages and there were some slight improvements.

I'm still stuck when trying to access the customer card, with the same error message stating: "You do not have permission to run the 'Online Map Management' Codeunit."

Also I'm getting messages such as "You do not have permission to read the Location Table." :?

How come client's license 'cannot' access such tables?

Thanks once again
    sabzam wrote:

How come client's license 'cannot' access such tables?

Because they have not purchased those granules
    There is a location issue as well which i have covered in the last 2 weeks.

If you are using the old user roles then you will constantly get this issue.

All these new tables you should add to all

- Prepayements
    -Maps

etc essentially if you dump you object designer table list from your old version to your new version you should see all the new tables you need to add access for.
    It's a same version problem, that is, there is no upshift of versions.
    The system was developed in NAV 5 and the client's licence is in NAV5.

I've been also assured that the client's license is up-to-date.
    sabzam wrote:
    It's a same version problem, that is, there is no upshift of versions.
    The system was developed in NAV 5 and the client's licence is in NAV5.

I've been also assured that the client's license is up-to-date.

The license may well be up to date, but if they do not have access to the location table and whilst using your license you have created locations the system will not like this. Simple test, open the license, do they have granule 4040? If they do it is a security issue regarding the security roles.

This is a common issue when creating a database for a customer not using the customers license.