Message comes out when delete a old sales order

klinspatrickklinspatrick Member Posts: 58
a message comes up when delete an old sales order which is in open status.

Do you want to continue?

YES\NO

Any ideas?

Thanks~!

Patrick

Comments

• qkambaleqkambale Member Posts: 37
    Just Check your Number Series Set UP which is under
    Administartion->Application Setupo->General->No.Series
    Then just go to the No. Series of Shipments.There you camn change the Last Used No. and you ca replace it with the previous No. that preceeds the one you are trying to delete. :whistle:
    I hope that helps you 8)
  • klinspatrickklinspatrick Member Posts: 58
    Hi qkambale,

let me explain more, actually, the sales order has one line that had been created with 6000 qty drop shipment, the users have already post to the post sales invoice and posted sales shipment for 3000 qty to both documents(mean 3000 had been delivered to the customer), what is the normal procedures to do if i need to deduct the left 3000 qty?

I have tried to point to that sales line, and go to Line, and click to Item Tracking Lines, and change the 6000 qty in the Quantity (base) field to 3000 and change the sales line to 3000 as well, it still occurs the same message when I try to delete this sales header.

Let me know if your answer is the correct thing. Many thanks..
  • Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
    I have the same problem, and tried all the ways, but nothing works. The order is still open in the sales order.
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    edited 2009-10-15
    he told u na delete it. Then go to the setup and replace the last used no. as the no. which shud be prior to the next.

By the way if it is creating a new doc then u shud let it create, and let it follow the actual process and u shud have business clarity with u i.e. why u u deleting it means customer canceled the order etc etc.
    Kapil Khanna
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I think this is because you have filled the Posting No. or Shipping No. on the Header. Clear that field and you will be ok. (Notice that I am referring to Posting No. and not Posting No Series)
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    I have attempted this, changed the last used number to zero, taken away default numbering, all to no avail. I know I'm changing the right number series because I drilled into it from the invoice (I'm doing this with sales invoices).

Is there something else that needs to be done? Just for the record and to make sure I'm not misreading something, the invoice number I'm trying to delete is 1247 and I changed the last no. used to 1246. Is this right?

This seems like a simple fix but I can't seem to make it work! Rawr!

Thanks in advance for your help!
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
    I hate to bump, but nothing I'm doing is working for this. It's not a business stopping issue, just more of a pain. Any ideas?
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
    One more time... if I don't get a hit on this one I'm going to have one of our developers debug it and figure out where the trigger is being hit and I'm going to post the solution.
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."