Why to specify Bin when serial no. is specified????

maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
Im implementing Nav for Eye Lens Manufacturing Cmpny. They have huge amount of lenses with specific serial no & lot no.
They arrange this lenses in bins.

Warehouse shipment requires a bin field mandatoy. Store manager dont know bin code of lenses when delivering.

so by specifing serial no., it should auto deduct that item from particular bin but its givin an error that Bin code must not be blank.

plz help, its urgent...
Best Regards,
Mahesh Jain
mahesh@reliconservices.com

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than you need to modify the application to let users to select or enter the ser. no. and automatically fill the BIN code after the serial no. is selected. But in default application it is not in this way done, because for one lie you can enter more serial nos and it means that the bin cannot be set based on the serial no. (e.g. i each ser. no. is on different bin - but you cannot post this than...).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    edited 2008-01-16
    yes, kine ur right.

for eg., if 100 lense from 5 different bin then he has to enter 5 lines in warehouse shipment & 20-20 tracking lines for each shipment line which will become complex as part of entry.

Bcoz when generating Warehouse Shipment from Sales Order, it generates a single line only.

Ultimately to modify application, i have add a Bin Code in Item Tracking then reservation entry. then a huge, complex & tricky coding to have same bin code in Item Journal Line & Warehouse Journal Line. ](*,)

huh, its too much time consuming.
    Do anybody have any idea (help in coding or any other way)which can change my life????

Kine & Kriki, many of nav user might have faced this kind of problem. wat u think?
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Our customers are using barcode scanners for transfers and expedition (sales). And this process is doing everything automatically. They just scanthe barcode, and the rest of the process (posting tranfer through journal line or shipping sales order) is made automatically. The problem with multiple bins on one line on sale is solved by automatic transfering all things to one collectie bin and shipping from there - it means it will make transfer to the collective bin first, and after that it post the sales order which is set to ship from this on bin. Tracking lines are created automatically...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.