COPYSTR error when posting journal entries

lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
I have a client who gets the following error when posting and printing journal entries:

"The value of COPYSTR parameter 3 is outside of the permitted range. The current value is: -1."

Does anyone know what might be causing this error and/or how to fix it? They can post but are unable to post and print. I cannot reproduce the error. We attempted to delete the user's ZUP file, but that did not solve the problem. I have no idea how the third parameter could be set to a negative value.

The client is using version 4 SP3.
If guns cause crime mine must be defective.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sounds like you're going to need to turn on the debugger & see where it stops.
    NewString := COPYSTR(String, Position, Length);

• renaissance-iirenaissance-ii Member Posts: 1
    Hi ... hopefully this may help ... I have a client that is forever physically changing printers and then gets this message when they go to print a Report which has been noted within the Printer Selections.
    IE Report ID 50500 ABC Report \\server\HP LaserJect 2430
    The value of COPYSTR parameter 3 is outside of the permitted range. The current value is: -1. The permitted range is: from 0 to 2147483647.
    Someone then goes in to Admin, Printer Selections and selects the new printer from the dropdown list.
    This is the confusing part... we have found but can't confirm, that if the printer is changed, each user needs to go into Printer Selections and reselect that printer ???
    anyways ... hope this helps.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    The orig post is 1 year old - hopefully they found a solution before now :lol:
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    :D we hope it Harry
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • VeicaVeica Member Posts: 43
    We are having the same issue in NAV 5 SP1. I tried adding the printer in the printer selection but I still get the same error message. I even tried adding a totally different printer but still no result. Has anyone else had the same issue?