Campagin Pricing- Segments contacts

jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
For Version Nav 4.00 (UK)

Nav CRM states the following regard this issue about campagin pricing

"When you have set up your campaign, decided what segments you want the campaign to cover, and set the Starting and Ending Date, you register the discount % that the customer will receive on the individual items on the lines in the Sales Line Discounts window."

The following is stated regarding creating the segments linked to campagins
"You can create segments, for example, if you want to select a group of contactsaccording to specific criteria, such as the industry the contacts belong to, yourbusiness relation with the contact, the interactions you have had with the contact, and so on.
You can, for example, create a segment to select the contacts you want to target with a campaign.

Takign this to assume that campagin prices should only be associated to an order when the contact in the segment is placed in the sell to /bill contact etc

However i am noticing that the campagin prices are being associated when ever any contact of a company is placed in the sales order. In this case the contact is the company level contact.

IS this an oversite in the program or is it a assumed but unstated fact within the program, in my scenario i think that when a company level contact is present it may assume the campagin sales prices of individual contacts.

Does anyone has any experiance with this?

The same logic is true is Nav 5.0 Cronus

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I test the scenario of adding a new contact into a customer with no association to any know segments.

I then made a new sales order and made sure the contacts were the new contact

added in a sales line yet still recieved the campagin sales price which should not to my line of thinking be shown.

This was true in 4 > 5 so i am thinking its either a failure in the selection of the sales price to vailidate the contact against the campagin segment or it is an unstated logic rule that and sales order for a customer who has a contact in a sales campagin receives the sales price/discount maybe as part of Nav's find best price logic.

Any one care to share their thoughts on that ?