Attachments in Email-Body

libin80libin80 Member Posts: 24
Hi,

We have a client who needs the sales order/shippment/invoice reports to be mailled automatically to the customers. He wants the reports to be attached and visible in the body of the email, rather than as a seperate attachment. I am able to send emails automatically but the reports goes as the attachments, but not in the body. Is there any sollution? Somebody out there please give me a solution ](*,) .....

Thanks
Libin D

Comments

• JEytonJEyton Member Posts: 33
    Hi!

If you use the software ExpandIT MailIT you have the possiblity to add an html file to a body of an email.

Works excellent for our customers. Mailit also have alot of features which are useful.

Download it and try it from the following site:

http://www.expandit.com/
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Namaste!

send report as an html file attachment. Ask your client
    to use Office Outlook 2003 as an email client. Report
    will be displayed as email body.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
    Hi

Using Outlook will not make it automatic, but if its ok with the customer then its great
  • libin80libin80 Member Posts: 24
    Hi JEyton,

The MailIT tool is working great. I was able to do some customization with it. Thanks for your timely suggesstion. I would also like to know whether there are any free tools available for the same purpose.

Darshan, Thank you very much for your reply too.

Regards
    Libin D
    I havent heard of any free applications for adding html files to a body of a email message. If there is any free applikation please let me know.
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    You can just manually write the body of the email with HTML tags. The mail client will translate it automatically.

I used to write external scripts, to read NAV DB, and send emails based on different criterias of the records read. These scripts / applications can be scheduled using Windows scheduler or registered as Windows services, depending on how you wrote them.

But that is prior to NAV 5.0, which has SMTP features.

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.