Problem when printing logo on report

JEytonJEyton Member Posts: 33
Hi

One of our customers is using Navision 3.60.

We have imported a BMP file, which is the logo, to the table Company information.

The problem is that when we print it on a printer the logo is not printed. If we make a preview of the report we see the logo. If we print the report to a pdf printer we can also see the logo. If we print this pdf file the logo is printed.

The bmp file is in the format 256 colour.

Anyone have any suggestion how to proced on this problem?

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    3.60 is the best release ever ... did you test it in another release?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • JEytonJEyton Member Posts: 33
    I tried the report in Nav 5.0 but I got the same problem.

The solution was very strange. If the picturebox exceded the heigth of 1692 the printing of the logo was blank.

I never heard of any limitations for picturebox like this.

Thanks for your input Waldo.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Waldo wrote:
    3.60 is the best release ever ... did you test it in another release?

Was that a sarcasm?

Nonetheless, try printing in another printer. It may be just a print driver issue.
    The customer has the same problem on his printer
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    JEyton wrote:
    The customer has the same problem on his printer

Try printing to a PDF printer and see if still get this problem.

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet that it's the printer that's causing the issue. Have you tried updating the printer driver first? Have you tried printing to a completely different model printer? Have you tried playing with the margins on the report? Have you tried just printing the picture by itself?
    I think he already did :mrgreen:
    JEyton wrote:
    If we print the report to a pdf printer we can also see the logo. If we print this pdf file the logo is printed.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    By the way .. I think it's already fixed:
    JEyton wrote:
    The solution was very strange. If the picturebox exceded the heigth of 1692 the printing of the logo was blank.

But I have my doubts because he sais: "the logo was blank"??

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    The problem is fixed, but I dont have the solution why.

When the height of the picturebox was more the 1692 the logo wasnt printing on the paper.

When the height of the pictureboc was less then 1692 the logo was printing perfectly on the paper.
  • Adriaan2kAdriaan2k Member Posts: 159
    JEyton wrote:
    The problem is fixed, but I dont have the solution why.

When the height of the picturebox was more the 1692 the logo wasnt printing on the paper.

When the height of the pictureboc was less then 1692 the logo was printing perfectly on the paper.

I have the same problem, so i also adjusted the height. Still the logo is visible on de printpreview but not printed, even on my pdf printer. Did you also change the width ? It seems there's no difference in my case.
    mvg Adriaan
    Hi

I didnt have any problem with the width.

One way to solve the problem is:

Make ten copies of the picturebox in your report. Then make the pictureboxes in different sizes. When you print you will find out which size your picturebox should be. This is how I found out the right size.

Do you have the same problem with a different logo?
  • Adriaan2kAdriaan2k Member Posts: 159
    Thanks for the tip. I tested it with another logo which worked fine. So the
    problem was in the original logo.bmp i used. I took another one, resized it with Paint, stored it as a 256 color bmp and voila !...printed.
    mvg Adriaan