How to avoid sale order demand on the order planning workshe

DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
Hi All

Could you please tell how to avoid sales order demands while running the order planning worksheet.

One of our customer has lot of back-logging sales orders and those are to be closed without deleting, also he also doesnt want to change the quantity on the sales order. But he dont want those sales order from appearing on the order planning worksheet.

This is the all time scenario, kindly please let me know if there is an soluition to avoid those sales orders from appearing on the order planning worksheet?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Dev

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

To achieve this you would need to modify the calcualtion process.

My only other suggestion would be to create a negative production forcast in line with the sales you do not want to reflect. Not sure if this would work though, although theoretically it should I suppose.

Ultimately your client wants them open, for whatever reason, but not to plan for demand. This is obviously a specific demand avoidance. One other posibility could be to alter an item card setting, but I presume the items are on later sales orders they want to plan for?

Why do they want to keep them and the quantities if they are never going to supply them? They are simply creating a problem for themselves!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
    first, I'm not quite sure if you mean Order Planning or Planning Worksheet. these 2 forms are different form, and different way of processing the planning.

In Order Planning, you can select to calculate All Demand, Sales Demand (only) or Production Demand (only).

if you have SOs not to include in the calculation, our objective is to run only the Production Demand in Order Planning.

So you can create production order rightaway from SO, by doing (in SO form) Order - Planning ; Function - Create Production Order. You will need to decide it's Item order or Project order. Also the status of Prod.Order: Firm Plan or Released.

After it, you go back to Order Planning, select Demand Type: Production Demand, and do Function - Calculate
    plan.
    Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo
  • DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
    Thank you Adamroue and J.Marselo.

We initially suggested the Client's to use Order Planning for Sales Demand and Requisition Worksheet for Production Demand (for consolidation of Purchase Orders for the Raw Materials procured).

The Clients scenario is: They create Sales Orders and in many circumstances they wont execute the sales orders for Production and they want to short close the sales order (without deleting it) i.e. they dont want it appearing on the order planning when they run for sales demand.

Quoted Lines of Clients Requirements:

"In the sales order there is no provision for short closing it. As we prepare new sales order on monthly basis on receipt of the customer schedule.

In practical case the more than 30 items are listed in a sales order. At the end of the month all items are not executed 100% due to variation in the demand. And the sales orders are remained alive and create complication in Order Planning. If the feature would have been available to short close the SO by one click the Order Planning person could have easily done it and Order Planning running could have been smooth
    "

Once again thanks for your kind suggestion And I would insist them to create production order from the Sales Order Form -> Order (Menu Button) -> Planning -> Functions (Menu Button) -> Create Prod. Order

Thank you J.Marselo and AdamRoue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Dev
  • DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
    There is a boolean feild on the sales line - "Planned"
    This field is non-editable, once this field is marked to Yes - this particular sales line is not considered for order planning.