E-mail send is always saved in Outlook Drafts

rramalhorramalho Member Posts: 4
I need to send an e-mail automaticly (I'm using the Mail Codeunit (397).

The problem is that instead of sending the e-mails, outlook is saving them to the draft folder, and I need to send it manuality.

If I set the OpenDialog flag to "true" , I push the buton "Send" and the e-mail is sent without problems...

Thanks

Comments

• toootooo Member Posts: 138
    Are you sure Outlook is setup to auto send/receive? This wouldn't effect the drafts folder though! Looks like NAV is sending the email to the drafts folder instead of your outbox, try and change the location its sending it to!?
  • rramalhorramalho Member Posts: 4
    The Outlook is setup to auto send/receive every 30 min.

Why NAV put the e-mail into drafts folder instead outbox?

After 30 min. the e-mail saved in drafts is send, but it not appears in the send folder.

Its very strange...
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    in that case please check your Outlook set up.
    I am also using same kind of functionality. my sent
    mails appears in sent folder.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • toootooo Member Posts: 138
    rramalho wrote:
    The Outlook is setup to auto send/receive every 30 min.

Why NAV put the e-mail into drafts folder instead outbox?

After 30 min. the e-mail saved in drafts is send, but it not appears in the send folder.

Its very strange...
    Any mail thats sent should show up in your sent items folder, i'd check to make sure the mail is actually being sent, i dont remember draft emails being able to be sent directly from the draft folder automatically, i could be wrong though!
  • detlefdetlef Member Posts: 38
    I have the same issue (NAV 5.0 & Outlook 2007).
    Posted the question on the partner newsgroup.
    will let you know what they have to say.
    Update 1 (KB 943858) fixes this for NAV5. You need to request this from Microsoft.
  • libin80libin80 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Detlef,

Did this hotfix fix your problem with NAV 5.0 & Outlook 2007. I am facing a problem with outlook 2007. I have a code that sends email from navision automatically. The codeworks perfectly without any problems in Outlook 2003. But, in case of Outlook 2007 the emails stays in drafts even though they are send out sucessfully to the receipient #-o . Kindly provide me the info.

Thanks in advance

Libin D
    Yes the Hotfix fixes it. NAV 5 SP1 also fixes it, but I see it has not been released for India yet :cry:
    Hi Detlef,

Thanks for the quick response. Actually I am facing the problem with US database :) . Anyhow let me try with SP1 or the hotfix and let you know whether it solved my problem.

Thanks
    Libin D
    Hi Detlef,

The "OLHANDLER.dll" of NAV 5.0 SP1 solved the issue. I just replaced the copy of 'olhandler.dll' of NAV 5.0 with NAV 5.0 SP1 olhandler.dll in the c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client.:D

Thanks
    Libin D.
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Hey guys,

Could you help me in solving the following problems since u r already able to send the email. I will appreciate if you can provide me the steps to follow.

am having following error while trying to Test connection between outlook 2007 and Navision 5 with sp1 SQL 2005 database;

1.The connection to"DATABASE" Microsoft Dynamics NAV databse failed. The program returned the following error:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV codeunit execution for response Error: User xyz has not been setup to be allowed to run Codeunit 5306 - Outlook Synch. Export Schema.
    Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.

2. I have setup business notification server and able to make a scheme and it has been successfully started as well. I am also unable to browse the NotificatioDeploymentServer Page in IIS I can only browse BusinessNotificationSubscribe in IIS.Please let me know what is required next?

Please not that user has super role permission and an Application server is running with OSYNCH Start-Up Parameter.