NAV 5.0 - The Make Phone Call Icon

MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
Hi Gang,

On the Contact (and other forms), there is the Make Phone Call icon and it appears I may have to make it start working for the first time. <eek!>

The first thing I need to determine and haven't found an answer for is the format in which Phone No. values should appear. As you can see, I'm in the United States and most of the already-entered phone numbers appear in the expected way:

(###) ###-####

Does anyone know where I can find the rules concerning this? Also, I wonder if I should do something different in the case of a local number such as omitting the Area Code.

If anyone in Canada is familiar with this, your answers should work as well since we share the same country code and other dialing conventions.

Thanks!

mw
I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Never tryed this myself but I wouldn't the Phone & modem options in control panel have something to do with omitting the local area code & dialing properties?

Control Panel->Phone & Modem->Dialing Rules->Edit "My Location"

all people enter the phone numbers differently some use the dashes & ()

so you can clean them up into a string of #'s when sending it to whereever nav sends it. I would assume it does this somewhere already in the code, if not....

txtCharsToKeep := '0123456789';
    "Phone No." := DELCHR("Phone No.",'=',DELCHR("Phone No.",'=',txtCharsToKeep));
  • MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    You're exactly right, Harry, and thanks for the response. I came across some additional info from another source this morning and what you said reinforces it.

Thanks!
    mw
    I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.