Production Journal and Subcontracting Worksheet

mjopatrnymjopatrny Member Posts: 19
I have a client using Nav 4.0 SP1 w/Basic Manufacturing. The client is experiencing the following:

> Production Order Line Quantity = 100
> Routing Steps: Milling (internal op), Plating (subcontracted op)
> Workcenter flushing is manual

When the milling is completed, the output quantity is posted for this workcenter through the production journal. Sometimes the yield is better than expected and a different qunatity than the planned quantity gets posted (e.g., 104 units).

After this, the client runs the subcontracting worksheet which suggests a quantity of 100 for the plating operation. The client then has to adjust the suggested quantity on the subcontracting worksheet from 100 to 104 to match the actual output.

My question is whether the subcontracting worksheet is designed to only use the planned quantity on the production order line or should it be looking at the actual quantity posted at the preceding operation? if it uses the production order line, has anyone made a customization to look at the actual output quantity?
Mike Opatrny

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    For subcon i don't think system will have any idea How to much to cater on ? I think u may have to customize this
    Kapil Khanna