lost sales orders

davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
We have a new implementation of NAV 5 using SQL Server 2005.
The site does about 500 sales orders per day. Many of these sales orders generate additional sales orders at shipping (using codeunit 80).
About 1 out of 50 of these generated sales orders (created in codeunit 80 when shipemnts are posted via eShip) do not end up in the sales header and line tables. The users do not report any errors from the creation process failing. When I force it to fail by hard coding a duplicate order number, I get a meaningful error message and the whole process fails as expected.
Right now the shipment gets created, a custom sales return order gets created, but the following custom sales order does not.
This is an intermittent problem.
Has anyone had this problem or can shed any light on what to look for.
The generated sales order is using the same number series as the user entered sales orders and I am thinking of giving the generated sales orders their own number series.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Because this is some modification, hard to say anything. Check possible conditions which can prevent the creation of the records. Check the position of the code, if there is no commit before it (there are some commits in CU80, the last one is on the end and is called when Warehouse is not used).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Warehouse is being used so it skips that commit.

The code generates a sales return order then releases it using codeunit 414, then generates a sales order which is not released.
    The sales return order is always created. The following sales order intermittently does not get created.
    There is no commit statement in the release codeunit itself. Is there one being performed somewhere in the process?