User setup for Nav 4.03 on SQL 2005

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
How can I setup the user setup and control the allow posting ranges? Can you throw me suggestions. Thanks a lot!
Navision noob....

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    NaviDev wrote:
    How can I setup the user setup and control the allow posting ranges? Can you throw me suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Administration --> Applcation Setup --> Users --> User Setup
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Administration --> Applcation Setup --> Users --> User Setup

For example I created a user (as database login) in the SQL security and use the synchronized all function in navision, should it add the new login in the database login? Or should I do it manually? Because only the users that have the setup in the login tables can be accessed in the form that you have said.
    Navision noob....
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, the user must be in the Database Login table in Nav. Else all permissions on NAV DB will be revoked for that user and you will not be able to login under this account...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I alreary got the answer to my question on the user setup. Thanks to all of your replies.

But another question kine,
    kine wrote:
    Yes, the user must be in the Database Login table in Nav. Else all permissions on NAV DB will be revoked for that user and you will not be able to login under this account...

I have tried setting up the login only in the SQL Security and use the synchronize all function in navision (But it did not populate the login table). And close the nav database. When I open and use the login It works (even if this login is not on the nav db)? Why
    Navision noob....
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If the user is sysadmin, or have db_owner rights, you will be able to login... but these are just exceptions.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Ok thanks a lot for info man.... Have a great day ahead! :D
    Navision noob....