A small clarification regarding the textbox control.

gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
Hi guys,

Hope U all doing well. I just needed a little clarification regarding the textbox control on a form. Is it possible to add a scroll bar(vertical) to a text box so that if i have a text field of 250 characters, then i will make a textbox control on a form to view 2 lines and the remaining lines to get scrolled for viewing [-(

Looking for ur ideas...
Dilip
Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No. There is no such a functionality. You can enable the MultiLine property on the control, but it is just when view mode. If you focus this control, it will be one line...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    Kine wrote:
    No. There is no such a functionality.
    Thank U Kine.. so its clear that its not possible and now i can leave breaking my head on this.
    Dilip
    Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I have many long lines of data. so using the WaldoNavPad idea now I have a button on my line that when I click it the data appears in the WaldoNavPad for easy viewing. The black line is just a boolean field with some onpush code to call up waldo pad

picture is worth a 1000 words sometimes. Perhaps it can be used in whatever you're trying to do. My thought to your question is you have a long line of text and you want to view it all easily.

See here
    http://savatage99.googlepages.com/MoreWaldoPadUses.pdf

WaldoNavPad is available in the download section. I think it's made for Contact info but I canged it for item info, so it's application can be altered to fit many situations. It can be used in a table as in the example or on a card form.

I think it's eligible for the 2007 top download too so if it works for you - give him a vote :wink:
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Wow that Traveler product doesn't sound very nice :shock: