Upgrade Native Navision 4.0 database to Dynamics NAV 5.0

abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
Dear All,

I will upgrade my NAV 4.0 database to NAV 5.0, I install the upgrade toolkit and read in the document that I have to use the Developer's toolkit.
I search the internet, I didn't find the Developer's toolkie for NAV 5.0, I found for Developer's Toolkit SP3. It dose work with NAV 5.0 or not?

Please advice me how to make my upgrade done.

Thanks and best Regads
Ahmad Bani Naser
Dynamics NAV Developer

Comments

• rohitsolvesrohitsolves Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

developer's toolkit sp3 will work for 5.0. But you also need to check which version of 4 you are migrating from, because I think sp3 works for 4sp3 only. Anyway you check for it on microsoft site.
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    Thanks MAN.

Can I do the upgrade without using the Developer's toolkit.?

Please advice me as soon as possible.
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    You will have to use not only DevToolkit but some other tools as well.
    Oh man, you should read the migration documentation for sure.
    Also before even touching client's production database do a test migration with a copy of client's database.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I don't mean to offend you, but if you don't know about the developer toolkit you will not be able to complete the upgrade. I suggest you get in touch with your partner and have them propose an upgrade path.
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    edited 2008-01-13
    :)
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    abnainas wrote:
    I Know what Developer's Toolkit is .... We use it to make a merge between the Old Version database and New Version database.

I tried to make the merage,,,, but it takes so long time. When it finish I export the new version objects and try to import it to the new database (NAV 5.0), I encounter a problem and the import stopped.

Can any body tell me exatly what are the right setps to make the upgrade be done completely.

Thanks.

You don't need the developer's toolkit to upgrade. It's just recommended. You can always merge manually. :wink:

Nonetheless, if you're an end user trying to save a few bucks by upgrading yourself, you might be in a world of hurt. It's much more economical (money and time wise) to hire a solution provider to do it for you.