Solution Developer granule

rocketeerrocketeer Member Posts: 4
Hello everybody,

In our company we are thinking about buying the Solution Developer granule (7300) . I have read that the Application Builder granule (7200) is required in order to get the Solution Developer granule. Is it that true?

Could anyone tell me what the Application Builder granule is used for? Is it possible to get the Solution Developer without the Application Builder?

:?: :?:
Roque
Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In configurator I see that granule 7200 is required granule for 7300. It means yes, you need Application builder to have Solution Developer.

To have Application builder, you need granules 7110,7120,7130 (Report, form and table designer).

These informations are based on what I see in C/Caps, but correct way how to get the info is to ask your Microsoft Partner.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Solution Developer without application builder is not possible.

Keep in mind that a lot can be done already with the application builder. I would start with this granule and see how for you can go already ... :wink:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Waldo wrote:
    Solution Developer without application builder is not possible.

Keep in mind that a lot can be done already with the application builder. I would start with this granule and see how for you can go already ... :wink:

If I'm not mistaken, the only noteable difference is that the Solution Developer granule allows you to modify Codeunits. Unless you're programming some really complex stuff using codeunits, Application Designer is more than enough.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Application Developer can modify codeunits, with restrictions. You need Solution Developer for direct permisisons to protected tables. Without Solution Developer you have only indiect permissions to these tables and cannot modify them or any objects that are granted permissions to them.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    bbrown wrote:
    Application Developer can modify codeunits, with restrictions. You need Solution Developer for direct permisisons to protected tables. Without Solution Developer you have only indiect permissions to these tables and cannot modify them or any objects that are granted permissions to them.

That's also what I experienced, but it isn't described this way ... actualy, it just isn't described very clear.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi All,

I have a question to take this thread a little further....

If I purchase Solution Developer, what object ranges (if any) do i get ? I know I get the ability to modify 50000..99999 but do I get the ability to save into these ranges ? i.e. if I wanted to write our own add-on in the 83000 range ? Would I still have to purchase these objects to do so ?

Thanks in advance

Dean Axon
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Dean Axon wrote:
    Hi All,

I have a question to take this thread a little further....

If I purchase Solution Developer, what object ranges (if any) do i get ? I know I get the ability to modify 50000..99999 but do I get the ability to save into these ranges ? i.e. if I wanted to write our own add-on in the 83000 range ? Would I still have to purchase these objects to do so ?

Thanks in advance

Dean Axon

You only get to modify the object ranges for which you are licensed.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.