doc and xls list

gianusgianus Member Posts: 22
May someone help me?
I want to have a list by F6 of many word and excel documents in the customer card.
Select a .doc from this list, and word open it. (F.E.)
I do NOT want to have docs embedded in blobs, want only store in the db the path of the .doc
- - -
Is it better that I create a new table for storing docs names and paths and related customer code or vendor code, or is it better that I use table 5062 in some way?
- - -
Thank all of You in advance.
Gianni Capra
www.exe.it

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is better to use new table, you can be inspired by the Links functionality in NAV 5.0. You can than open the files through HYPERLINK functionality or through Automation. For more info you can search in the forum...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Using the virtual table File and SHELL command will help you solved your problem.

To use the File table. Filter the field path first so that it will show you the files under it, and to use the SHELL used the C/Side designers guide.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
    Navision noob....
  • gianusgianus Member Posts: 22
    First of all, thank you Sirs.
    I use 4sp3.
    (And your suggest to use HYPERLINK works too.)
    So, I wrote a test table that contains the names-and-paths of some documents and a customer code.
    I added a form that run the hyperlink, everything's ok.
    Now I have to understand how to compile that list automatically or semi-automatically.
    Thanks again.
    Gianni Capra
    www.exe.it
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    NaviDev wrote:
    Using the virtual table File and SHELL command will help you solved your problem.
    For SHELL, best use this : http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12417 to avoid to confirmation-popup.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Hi Kriki.
    I've tried your suggest, but I receive this message:
    Messagio per i programmatori C/AL:
    Eccezione rilevata nel metodo Run. Il controllo OLE o il server di automazione ha restituito l'errore (HRESULT) -2147352567.
    Descrizione dell'errore non disponibile.

:?:

I launched the function in some ways but I got always the same error message.
    May You write me an example:

dummyInt:=DosShell('xxxxx',x,x);
    message(format(dummyInt));
    Gianni Capra
    www.exe.it
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Probably it is because Windows doesn't find the program. You need to specify the complete path or add the path in the PATH-environment variable.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Hi Alain.
    You're right! It works.
    Thanks.
    Gianni Capra
    www.exe.it