Automatic cost adjustment field

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi experts,

In inventory set up we have a field Automatic cost adjustment.
In that fied we have lot of options .
With the following options you can specify if and when to adjust cost automatically when posting transactions:
Never - Costs are not adjusted when posting
Day - Costs are adjusted if posting occurs within one day from the work date.
Week - Costs are adjusted if posting occurs within one week from the work date.
Month - Costs are adjusted if posting occurs within one month from the work date.
Quarter - Costs are adjusted if posting occurs within one quarter from the work date.
Year - Costs are adjusted if posting occurs within one year from the work date.
Always - Costs are always adjusted when posting, irrespective of the posting date.

If I choose Day option in that field. The costs automatically will adjust without run of adjust – cost entries batch job.
Or do I need to run adjust – cost entries batch job,even I selected that option.
Could u throw u r valuable suggestion.

Thanks and regards
lally

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You still needs to run the Adjust cost batch manually even if you use the Automatic Cost adjustment. But because I never used this option because performance degradation during posting, I do not know the details.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    its always better to run the batch job manually.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You still needs to run the Adjust cost batch manually even if you use the Automatic Cost adjustment. But because I never used this option because performance degradation during posting,

Apart from that automatic posting only post the transactions of inventory with average cost (which is Navision default) and not by the method of costing defined on the item card. You will still need to run the adjust cost batch job to get the accurate figures. Also with automatic costing you cannot run Post Cost to G/L with the option "Post per Posting Group" which means the G/L entry will have lot of inventory transactions which make database heavier & slower.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in